Technical Bulletin Warm Air
Ref GB/TB/079/0412 Warm Air AACO Flue Venter Motors
Note: Bulletin to be used in conjunction with the relevant Warm Air Operating and Maintenance Manuals
Replacement Venter motors for UDSA*; UDSAV*; UDSB-D*, ST series2, SCA, LCSA and UPA heaters have changed wiring configurations.
The new AACO motor has undergone life endurance test and proved that the same performances as the former WILO/AACO/EBM motors and is completely compatible.
Venter motor for UDSA/UDSBD 025 - 030 & UPA 030 types WSC SP4511446-03 & EBM KM 405012 and UDSA/UDSBD 032-100/UPA 040-090/ST-2/SCA types WSC SP 4606-32 & EBM KM 405012 have been replaced by the AACO 60.2.75M+C3.15 motor.
There are four wires to this motor, two of which are used for bi-direction. Care should be taken to use the correct cable colour.
This technical bulletin describes the colour coding and cable termination to each comparable model.
The information contained in this technical bulletin is designed to aid a qualified or competent service technician.
* UDSA/AV/B-D sizes 8 to 20 - motor unchanged.
The following tools and equipment will be required to complete this task:
1. New Venter motor 2. Flat head screwdriver 3. Electrical screwdriver 4. 10mm Open Ended Spanner 5. 3mm allen key 6. Crimping tool & Butt Crimps 7. Multi-meter.
ISOLATE ALL ELECTRICAL SUPPLY TO THE HEATER & CONTROLLER BEFORE PROCEDING.
1. Open heater control section side panel. Allow door to hang.
2. Disconnect the original venter motor wires from the terminal strip and ground screw.
3. Using a 20mm open ended spanner, loosen the three retaining screws holding the venter assembly plate to the heater wall.
4. Rotate the venter assembly anticlockwise and withdraw.
5. Holding the motor and using a 3mm allen key, carefully unscrew the allen screw from the impellor boss.
6. Again holding the motor, remove the screws that attach the motor plate to the venter housing.
7. Remove the motor and wheel assembly from the heater.
8. Locate the relevant replacement venter motor.
9. Reattach the motor plate to the venter housing using the screws from step 5.
10. Using the 3mm allen key, reattach the impellor to the motor shaft, making sure the impellor is in the same position as the original and that the screw is tight.
11. Align the new assembly to it’s position at the heater wall and locate on the securing pins.
12. Rotate the venter assembly clockwise to its stop.
13. Using the 20mm open ended spanner, tighten the three retaining screws.
14. Note heater type and reconnect the motor wires using the termination diagrams over.
15. Restore power to the heater and turn on the gas.
16. Light, following the instructions on the lighting instruction plate.
17. Check for proper operation.
18. Replace the access door.
REWIRING OF THE UDSA025 - 030 & UPA030 VENTERS
REWIRING OF THE UDSA032 VENTER ONLY.
REWIRING OF THE UDSA/UDSB-D35 - 100, LCSA20-100, UPA40-90 VENTERS.
REWIRING OF THE SCA75-300, ST-2 100-400 VENTERS.
Click on link below to the step by step instructions.
document added 21/03/09 re-issued 16/04/12